Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mar. 15, Zues work

    Got Zues out and did round pen work, he is so much better and stays on rail and does not turn in to me anymore. I practice yielding shoulders away, and backing thru the door ways, one step at a time, he was really good. We went out to front yard and watched the big dump truck lift the dumpster up and then followed the truck down the street, Zues was snorty and interested but not real reactive or scared.A couple of friendly neighbors came out to admire him and pet and visit. It was fun and he was very good. Geertsje was having a cow, crying and running around the arena, I was so proud of Zues, he heard her but never talked back to her. The ground work exercises are really paying off with him. We got home and I foam bathed him and then he was tied on pole. I relaxed for about an hour and watched TV. Then put both up and cleaned and fed and cleaned barn water buckets and filled arena tub.It was a good day for both of us and I was tired. Poor Geertsje was covered in dirt from sweating up and rolling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment